Updated: Apr 27, 2020
2018 Best Adaptive Reuse Project
Goldsboro , NC
109 East Ash Street was the site of a WPA project to build the Goldsboro Fire Department Headquarters in 1939. The historic building served the City until 1976. Forty years and numerous owners later, in 2016, David and Bethany Perry purchased the building and brought in David Maurer and Billy Brock to complete the design through the construction of the historic tax credit rehabilitation of the building.
The 12,000 square foot Art Deco building was saved and now houses three businesses. The $1.3 million investment increased the tax value by more than 800% and created 10 full-time and part-time jobs to date.
The developers have now purchased the adjacent lot with plans to develop it for retail.