The NC Main Street program is a comprehensive approach to downtown economic development. One of the crucial elements to a vibrant downtown is the healthy mix of local businesses. These local businesses are vital to revitalization and a thriving historic district.
Our staff and the local NC Main Street program leaders appreciate ALL the small businesses in NC that help us sustain our downtown districts.
This video series helps us to bring the small business owners to you. Let us all remember the importance of supporting local businesses in our communities today and every day.
The AmeriCorps National Civilian Community Corps (NCCC) program is looking for opportunities to respond to the COVID-19 epidemic.
Even though this is a complex issue, below is a list of ideas of how Corps Members may get involved:
· Food Security: Assisting with day-to-day or expanded operations of food pantries and other donation centers
· Economic development opportunities, running events/festivals, other tasks to improve tourism and bring more money into the local economy
· Helping with Veteran Stand Down events, to include event logistics, marketing and attracting service providers
· Blight/Beautification projects: Mowing lawns, trimming bushes, etc., so people who could not maintain their property, or afford to pay others to do so, avoid being fined.
· Helping with the 211 information lines
· Assisting any homeless services or homeless coalitions with day-to-day operation or temporary program expansion
· Other projects addressing new or more urgent needs caused by the COVID-19 outbreak
Contact our NC Representative to discuss how AmeriCorps can help your community.