151 North Center Street
Updated: Feb 7, 2022
2018 Best Historic Rehabilitation Project
The two-story building located on the corner of North Center Street and Mulberry Street was built in 1896 to serve as Goldsboro’s first hospital. For decades, the building was neglected and suffered severe decay. David and Bethany Perry, experienced downtown Goldsboro developers, purchased the building with plans to redevelop it for 100% occupancy.
After a $470,000 rehabilitation investment, the historic tax credit project converted the building into four 2-bedroom luxury apartments on the second floor and business spaces, occupied by Downtown Pharmacy and Mulberry Marketplace, on the first floor.
The Perrys worked with Maurer Architecture and Brock Construction to complete the project. This team has completed several projects in downtown Goldsboro and it worked well with City staff to bring the project to fruition.
The project created six full-time and part-time jobs, provided housing for eight additional downtown residents, and increased the tax value of the property by 600% .